Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jake's Wedding

I just got home for a wonderful trip I did not expect to make.  On Friday morning I flew out to Georgia for my cousin Jake's wedding.  I was able to spend a lot of time with my dad, Lynn, Diane, Lilli and Lucy.  Also, we were able to catch up with a bunch of the Crosses.  It was so wonderful because some cousins it had been 10 to 12 years since we last saw each other.  

We stayed at a really cute B&B that served us the BEST breakfast each morning.  The town was called Sinoia (Si-noi) and our B&B was one block from a really cute street of shops.  This little town has been in several movies, including one of my favorites, Sweet Home Alabama.

The rehearsal dinner and wedding were at Aunt Marge & Uncle Steve's beautiful property.  They have over 30 acres out in the country.  Jake and his new bride, Stephanie, make a lovely couple.  I hope it's far sooner than another 12 years before I get to see them again.  

Cute barn behind the B&B




Lynn with Candace


with Aunt Elaine

The breakfast spread, WoW!!

Lilli was so excited about the biscuits.



Dad & Dale

No holding back on a breakfast like this, I have a serious problem with self-control.

with Uncle Dale







At Redneck Gourmet, this place should be a chain - so good.






Jake

Candace & Ashlan

Jake & Brycen

Bride coming down


Lucy carrying her chair from the ceremony to reception.

with Stephanie & Di

with Aunt Jann

Di & Jann

with Brannon

Cole


All the Cross brother's & sisters

with Uncle's Dee & Dale

Carolyn & Stephanie

...and Uncle Dee


Sorry the pictures aren't the best but all I snapped.  During the ceremony I could only take a few because I have my camera set to "bark" when I take a picture.  Funny with the kids, not so much during a ceremony.  Also, I realize now there are some folks I missed getting a picture of...Aaron, Patrice, & Billy to name a few.  If anyone has some send them my way!

The weather was amazing the entire weekend.  I loved every minute of the trip.   

1 comment:

Team Dale said...

Am ohh so impressed with how well you are updating the blog again! Seriously love all the pictures from the wedding, you are GORGEOUS once again...makes me ohh so glad I am not standing next to you in any of these! Only a few more days till you venture to Tommy!!!