Monday, June 23, 2008

Hawaii - June 13 - June 21

With great appreciation to my big brother, Alex - Michael and I got to spend 8 days in Hawaii this summer. We were so very blessed to have been able to go on this trip and so many of our loved ones made it possible. On Easter Sunday Alex sent me an e-mail with our flight itinerary and said he would be watching our boys for the week we were gone. I was shocked, speechless, and overjoyed.

He was an awesome uncle and did a great job caring for our sweeties. To say the least, the words "I miss Mommy" were never spoken. Poppy and CC helped out the first 2 nights and Alex took over for the rest. The majority of our trip we were able to stay with Michael's cousin Becky, her husband Matt, and their 1 year old Caitlin. Matt is in the Navy and he gave us an incredible tour of his sub (the oldest commissioned sub in the Navy) that was going underway 2 days after we arrived. It's hard to even try to summarize all the details of our trip in a paragraph or two. I won't try and I'll just quote Michael by saying it lived up and surpassed all our expectations! It was FANTASTIC, AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL. Thank you to everyone who made this trip possible for us, including Alex, Poppy & CC, Mom, Becky & Matt, and Dad & Lynn. We greatly appreciated your kindness!!!
































































1 comment:

LuckyMan said...

That Michael is a lucky man to spend such a great vacation with a beautiful woman. And to have a supporting family that would provide such an amazing opportunity is the icing on the cake.

"Some guys have all the luck"