So after my last post I called in for back up. My mom dropped everything going on in her life and came to help. She showed up at my school about an hour after we let my students know of the change that was happening, and told them it would happen immediately. So let me pause from where I was going and say that it was so sad when my principal told the students the news. I know I'd only been with these sweet children for 8 days, but... my heart had grown very fond of each of them and we were off to a TERRIFFIC start this year. The majority of them cried and I had older siblings come up to me the next day saying their little brother/sister had cried themselves to sleep because they were sad I was leaving. It was sad for the students I had last year as well. That was my first group, I will never forget them. Each day I received countless hugs as I passed those from the previous school year. The students at my old school truely captured my heart and I will miss them.
Back to my super mom and the move...
When school let out that day we didn't stop for the next - 5 days at least. She worked with me in my old classroom till well after 10 that night getting everything ready for the movers that came at 8:30 the next day. Then we stayed at my new school till even later the next night trying to start to get things in order. I think it was about 10:30ish on Friday night...we're both standing on chairs putting my alphabet over the white board...we made it to the letter U...I stapled...she let go to get the V from our pile...the U quickly slipped out of sight behind the white board...the stapler was out...we decided it was time to go.
We took off for the weekend to hit some birthday parties around the metroplex. Mom sweetly volunteered to return to school with me on Monday to continue to help out and then she would leave that afternoon. So Monday came and went and she decided to leave Tuesday morning. Then she was going to leave Tuesday afternoon...or evening. Mom was still here Wednesday morning when I had my new students for the first time. She was a lifesaver getting me ready and I could not have done it without her!! Thank you mommy!!!!!
So I do have pictures of Julian's second First Day of Kindergarten, they're at school though. I keep forgetting to bring my camera home and decided I'd just write a little about the last couple of weeks then post pics later.
The other night we were eating dinner and out of the blue Julian sweetly said Mommy if you say I have to change schools again, I'm going to say No Thank You. Mic and I smiled and inquired more. He went on to say he loves his new school and especially his new teacher. I'm so glad that he adjusted with ease and is happy. My adjustment has been good. Kindergarten is very different from second grade. The staff at my new school is fantastic and I can tell I'm going to love it there too.
I promise to post pictures soon of school and Pee Wee Football (loving it!).
If you're reading this please say a little prayer for my baby sister and her family who were affected by Ike last weekend. They're without power and water at their home in north Houston. She's at my mom's house temporarily and her husband is roughing it at home. Plus they are anxiously waiting to see what is in store for them and their new beach house that is on the coast in Galveston. Please keep them and the millions affected by this in your thoughts...
No comments:
Post a Comment