Sunday, November 9, 2008

Boys & Girls at the Zoo

On my mom's side of the family there are 18 cousins. Of those 6 of the girls have started our families. 5 of us have 2 children and both of those children are the same sex. So I have 2 boys, both my sisters have 2 girls, one of my cousins has 2 boys and the other has 2 girls. None of us have made it to that third child yet and that I know of, no one has one in sight in the near future. It's just kind of weird how it has worked out with us all having same sex kiddos.

On Saturday my cousin Jessica and I took our kids to the zoo. Our oldest are about 16 months apart but you would never know there was that big of a gap. Callie keeps right up with Julian, she is absolutely one of his favorite kids to hang out with. Our littlest are exactly one month apart. They're both at that stage where the random hoppity skip flopping is a normal way of walking. They were so fun to watch together.

I took a lot of pictures and I'm sorry but I couldn't narrow down to just a few so there's a bunch on here. Oh and most of the pictures are of the backs...

This is not going to last long. These two want out so they can see!



Not sure if you can see this guy's MASSIVE claws. We were trying to figure out how he could even walk with these things.

We went in the giant bird cage so the kids could feed the birds. This is always a high light at the zoo. Julian really enjoyed seeing the birds so close, though I think he might have been a tad nervous too.

Callie is fearless.



We had to be at the football fields ready for the game at 7:30 this morning. Guess I should have taken that extra 30 seconds this morning to comb down Julian's wild spot. Still a cute pic.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Love all the new pictures!! Looks like the zoo was fun! So who's going to have the 3rd kid first?!